16.3.09

026: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

First, I saw the movie.
the story is untouching to me at all.
and I wonder why the "curious" things that happened on Mr. Benjamin is so supervisuat that despite his skin change from old to young, he actually grow as a normal person within his inner heart.

Moreover, apart from the hardship he got through being a sailor. The reappearance of his father is just an excuse for him to have a luxury life in the rest of the year.
and I couldn't see why his father is concidered curel while his left from his daughter was concidered sacrify.

-----------------------------

Then I read the book.
It's just a 20 page story indeed.

There, I found my "curious doubts" listed above solved.

The bady was "born" to be an old man, can talk, can walk and can THINK

His oen father and mother took care of him
His own father taught him to social, when they both looked like 40s,
where he met his love, a normal girl.
He hided his secret.
until his own son born,
but when he told the truth, no body believes him.Not even his wife.
He didn't got a lovely marriage,
when everyone finally found him appeared younger and younger,
his son took care of him, but in a hasty mannar
at the end of his life,
he went to kindergarden with his grandson
and die without remebering a thing ...

-------------
I wonder what the movie would like if such a real story been told
If people hate the writer because of the movie, what a pity for him
I never watched the other movies of Mr. David Fincher yet. But this one really disappoint me.
If the oscar gives so many nominees for this movie,
a movie contain all the entertainment we wanted but without a logic.
If this is concidered the best of the world (or america ), or it's a result of movie becomes more like Industry than creativity.
um....
shall continue to discuss later
lunch time is up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

what is your view ?